Making your own Beeswax Wraps just got WAY easier!
So making my own Beeswax food wraps is a lot of fun, but as I’ve mentioned before, it’s a little messy! Pine Resin is sticky, think tree sap sticky..so the less I have to melt and mix and blend, the better!
This new Beeswax Wrap Starter Bar is just what I was looking for! This takes all the work out of making your own beeswax food wraps. The bar already contains all the necessary ingredients, including beeswax, jojoba oil, pine resin, and coconut oil. Just as a bonus, all the ingredients are pure, natural, and domestic to the US. No weird additives, and each is handmade!
- Preheat your oven to about 200 degrees. You’re simply trying to melt the wax.
- Place your fabric on a cookie sheet.
- Simply grate the bar over your fabric. It grates easily, like a block of hard cheese.
- Make sure the grated pieces are evenly over the fabric.
- Place in the oven until the wax is melted.
- Spread with an old paintbrush that you don’t mind to ruin!
- Heat again if needed to be sure the fabric is soaked.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool and dry.
I have used any thin, cotton fabric to make my own wraps. Even old pillow cases, sheets, or t-shirts can be upcycled in food wraps. This bar makes this so much easier!